Search

Monday, September 5, 2016

Giada's Kitchen, New Italian Favorites Orzo Stuffed Peppers

I recently decided to crack open a cookbook I had picked up at the advice of a friend and have yet to use. Giada de Laurentiis is touted as an every day Italian cook offering everything from traditional and regional Italian food to this book which emphasizes her more clean, vibrant simple flavors in Italian cooking. The key, of course, is to use the freshest ingredients. Today's attempt was prompted by the fresh peppers my sister in law grew in her garden, coupled with the fresh tomatoes and mint I gathered in my own garden. While it was good and clean, I found it to be a bit bland so when I remade them the next night I added some ground lamb which really kicked it up a notch in conjunction with the fresh mint. I will make this again, but not on my favorite list. The lamb made a huge difference. But then...what's not to love about lamb???????!

No comments:

Post a Comment