Search

Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Three "Amygos"

So my day starts off with some of my favorite treats from Breadcraft.  I should have known this would be a good day. Nobody does it as well as Alex Eliades does and I am reminded of the short time I was privileged to spend with him in the kitchen during my baking class in culinary school. He is truly a master of the art of baking.  Just look at the flakiness in that croissant. I could never replicate that no matter how long I tried to master the skill. And the chocolate is so decadant, but not overpowering, just giving you enough of a sweet hint to complement all that buttery goodness and flakiness.  Alex then dusts the pastry with just a touch of powdered sugar to make a wonderfully beautiful mess as you eat this amazing work of art.

Follow a great morning with a fabulous evening with the girls at one of my favorite Friday night spots, Luckys. Two great ladies both named Amy make for an interesting trio when we are together.  There's just something about slowly enjoying one of their signature drinks called The Cube and their cheese platter which is always served with an assortment of yummy surprises. Nothing gets me recharged for playing in the kitchen like a day of great food from Master Chefs to inspire me.  Here's to whatever transpires in the kitchen this weekend. I'm feeling playful....Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment