Search

Monday, February 15, 2016

Snowy Night and Turkey Chili with Arugula Salad

Another snowy day and I whipped up a batch of turkey chili with a delicious side salad of arugula with oranges, feta and sugared pistachios. The chili was quite good, but I often feel that ground turkey can be kind of bland so I did half turkey and half ground chuck.  No recipe particularly here to share as I make soups and chilis on the fly so often, but it had carrots, celery, onions, peppers, garlic, kidney beans, chicken stock, fire roasted tomatoes...finished off with lots of grated cheese and sour cream. Warm and yummy on a freezing cold night.

Peppery and complex, Arugula is one of my favorite greens and I have tried several salad variations from the  2009 Cooks Illustrated Holiday Entertaining issue. Full of phytonutrients and lots of yummy goodness, this is a seriously good salad. There is something about pairing citrus with the bitterness of the greens as well as the warm, rich foods of winter that really appeals to me. Of course, being the olive oil snob that I am, I could only use the very best oil, fresh mint, lemon juice and fresh oranges....topped off with feta and sugar coated pistachios...YUM is all I can say! Neighbors over to enjoy the bounty. Bon appetit!






No comments:

Post a Comment