Search

Friday, November 19, 2010

Pressure Cooker!


Well, tonight I was uninspired after a busy week at work.  My "always in-the-know" friend, Bob, had mentioned that he often takes a whole chicken and cooks it in the pressure cooker for 20 minutes and then finishes it off on the grill with some barbecue sauce, so when I found the whole chickens on sale at Fresh Market today I decided to give it a try.  Well, Bob, help me here.  It took the pressure cooker like 45 minutes to begin to jiggle.  Then, once we cooked it for 20 minutes it was overdone.  I opted out of the barbecue and simply drizzled a little olive oil and an herb medley on top of it and grilled it for about five minutes.  All in all, it was pretty good, but will try to cut down on the time in the pressure cooker next time.  The drippings will make for good soup though and I am planning on that for tomorrow.  I am always amazed at how far a whole chicken will go!  Served the dinner tonight with acorn squash, salad and a few new potatoes.  No one complained!  Happy Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment