Search

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Cutlets and Saffron Risotto

Today was a gross, rainy day - perfect for cooking a nice warm meal and staying in tonight.  My good friend, Kimberley, recommended the Rubus Chardonnay from Russian River Valley (AWESOME CHOICE!) and, trust me on this one, NOTHING could be bad with this little nectar from Heaven!  Thanks, Kimberley!  (If you have never visited her shop, Wine Gourmet, go and be pampered and guided.  She's the best!).   Halfway through the bottle we had a light appetizer of Alouette Garlic and Herb cheese spread on Wheat Thins with a sliver of sundried tomato on top (again, I could just stop here and eat this for dinner and be very happy, but the "dudes" in the family want their meat!).  I then spent the next 90 minutes cranking out saffron risotto and parmesan-crusted chicken.  It was delicious, although I think the saffron was a little too sophisticated for the boys' tastebuds.   They loved the chicken.  I am sure we will do this again (let me have another glass of wine and reflect on that!).  Best part....there's enough for leftovers tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment