Search

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Baja's Pinto Beans over brown rice with a small side salad

This weekend has been a literal food-fest in celebration of my birthday! Not too hungry, but the troops seem to always be starving. Decided to try to use up stuff I had in the pantry. Appetizer consisted of Wheat Thins topped with red pepper jelly and Parmesan Reggiano cheese sliced thin, accompanied with the mandatory glass of red wine. (Frankly, I could just stick with that for my dinner). Dinner was spicy Baja pinto beans over brown rice and a nice spinach salad. I sent Kevin (my husband) to the store to get a jalapeno and he came back with a habanero pepper instead. The dish ended up being a bit on the spicy side, with a hint of brown sugar. All in all, it ranked about a 5 on the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment