Search

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Smashed Potatoes

 So anyone who studies a Keto diet or wishes to feed their gut the really good stuff needs to know about resistant starch. It's hard to wrap my head around a food that when I am dieting I am told is full of carbs and off limits, only to learn that these very carbs can be the savior, not the culprit, and provide me with some much needed energy. The other thing I love about this recipe is that it can be made 1/2 in advance and 1/2 when needed; just pull it out of the fridge when you need a quick side dish. I like to use the small round new potatoes and smash them into a really hot iron skillet with good olive oil, salt and pepper. Bon appetit!


https://eatbeautiful.net/smashed-potatoes-with-resistant-starch/




No comments:

Post a Comment