Search

Friday, April 21, 2017

QUICHE

 A friend once told me there are two foods that are totally underrated.....carrots and eggs. Well, I will agree with the eggs, but I am still on the fence about carrots...just another root vegetable of which I get pretty tired of by this time of year. Eggs, on the other hand, are an amazing culinary treat. One of my very best friends is a true French culinary chef and cannot stand eggs, which still astounds me! HOW can you enjoy cooking so much and refuse to eat eggs?! (You know who you are)! One of my favorite ways to clean out the refrigerator is to make quiche, a simple dish that is receptive to any and all fillings. When the vege scraps are all you have left and a few eggs, viola', you have quiche.....A simple recipe below is what I usually use:
4 beaten eggs
1 cup of grated cheese (whatever you have)
1-1.5 cups of milk or 1/2 and 1/2
Bake a deep dish pie shell per instructions, fill with mixture and veges, meats, etc., bake @ 350 for 50 minutes. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment