Search

Friday, April 21, 2017

Cabbage Lasagna

Well, the weekly vegetable share we subscribe to at the local farmer's market is almost up for this season and I have been drowning in root vegetables and cabbage so I have had to experiment with new and creative ways to cook with apples, cauliflower, cabbage, parsnips, turnips, etc. Just when I thought I was over it I discovered Cabbage Lasagna. Now, I would like to say I thought this one up myself, but the truth is I saw it somewhere on Facebook and didn't have the mind to save the recipe. Evidently, this is not something new. I had never heard of it. When the tenth head of cabbage showed up I decided to wing it. I simply sauteed some ground lamb, a little bacon, some onions and a bit of garlic in a saucepan. Once that was nicely cooked I grated a head of cabbage and added it to the pan and sauteed it until it was all nice and soft with just a bit of crunch left. At that point I added a large can of crushed tomatoes, some Italian spices and once mixed put it in a dish topped with Parmesan and Mozzarella, baked for 45 minutes. Light, but filling. Honestly, how can anything with lamb not be delicious?! Here's hoping we get maybe one more head of cabbage before the CSA ends this season! Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment