Search

Friday, April 21, 2017

Giada's Cantaloupe, Red Onion, and Walnut Salad paired with Giada's Potato Pancakes

So it's Friday and the frig is looking kind of bleak after the Easter holiday as we have been working off of leftovers for the past week. I guess I am going to have to go to the market at some point in the next week. When faced with what I have to work with I found some potatoes, half a cantaloupe, some red onions and I knew we were good for at least one more night. A simple meal of Cantaloupe, Red Onion, and Walnut Salad dressed in a citrus dressing and Parmesan Potato Pancakes was the perfect answer. The citrus dressing was the perfect paring with the sweet cantaloupe, tart arugula and the tangy red onions. The potato pancake was both filling, yet light. I added some chopped bacon to give it a bit more flavor. Both recipes from Giada's Kitchen. This is the kind of meal I like to pull off when I come home, open the refrigerator door and figure out what I can make given what's before me. Buon appetito!


No comments:

Post a Comment