Search

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cooking with my Hubby - Sweet Potato Coconut Curry Soup and Hummus Kawarma (lamb) with Lemon Sauce


Wow! Honey! Who knew you could cook like that?! Dang! I come home from a long day at work and Kevin is in the kitchen whipping up some Spicy Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup concoction, kind of a mix of two different recipes. Yeah, it rocked, baby! Something so sexy about cooking great food and sharing it with the ones you love. Our rule...whichever one is cooking, the other one keep your nose out of it and your opinions to yourself. This advice has proven well during the course of our marriage. On this particular occasion I am glad I did stay out of it. It rocked the Casbah! The flavor just kind of came in waves, creamy, cruncy, hearty.....little sweet, little spicy, totally awesome!  Rock on, Kevin!


http://minimalistbaker.com/sweet-potato-coconut-curry-soup/

While Kevin made the soup I threw together another recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi (I know, you are probably tired of hearing about him by now!). I had some leftover homemade hummus so I made his Hummus Kawarma (lamb) with Lemon Sauce. Basically just a mixture of a number of Middle Eastern spices and lamb (I used ground as that is what I had on hand) served warm atop room temperature homemade hummus and then topped with lemon sauce. YUM! The spicy, salty flavor was a great complement to the sweet, hot soup. I dare say you would be hard pressed to find anywhere in town to eat such a delicious meal. One of the nicest things about it was that it was filling without being overpowering; I hate being stuffed. On top of all that, we actually ate at 9:00 which is early for us!


Recipe from Yotam Ottolenghi's Jerusalem.

Bon appetit and thanks, Babe, for working aside me tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. You are both keepers! My birthday supper was good but not sexy!

    ReplyDelete