Search

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Holiday Tradition...Party Mix

OK, so you wonder why I would post about traditional Chex Party Mix. It's been around forever.  Everyone does it. Well, all true, but, in traditional Heidi fashion I have to find THE BEST party mix recipe. Suffice it to say that I am getting close. After years of making this for the men in my home, we have all decided that recipes that give you a little kick are the best. I usually add some red pepper flakes and a little cayenne pepper. I usually use a mix nut blend and an additional can of cashews. I often use one box of Crispix instead of one of corn Chex and one of rice Chex. I go light on the pretzels and I add a box of Cheez Its. That having been said, we usually find this to be a pretty good balance. From here it's all up in the air. Most recipes are pretty similar in the sauce mix so I often just surf the web to find one that looks good. This year I used a recipe that called for fresh garlic. Suffice it to say, I was not impressed. Garlic should not be the predominant taste and fresh garlic overpowered the mix. Oh well, cooking, as in life, is a learning lesson. Trust me, no one is letting a little garlic stop them! Merry Christmas and Bon appetit!


Here's a nice recipe I have used in the past that has a bit of spice to it....
https://www.isabeleats.com/spicy-chex-mix-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment