Search

Monday, July 27, 2015

Italian Peasant Food



Some nights there just isn't enough time to do it all, or enough groceries to pull off a three course meal.  I understand now why Pasta e Fagioli is called Italian peasant food.  Most of us who cook regularly tend to have most of the ingredients in our pantries.  If not, substitutions are acceptable.  For instance, my good friend (you know who you are) and I often make gagging faces whenever we discuss elbow macaroni.  Something I refuse to have in my pantry. (I know....I am a food snob!) Tonight, however, in sheer desperation I did find an old box of mini penne hiding in the back of the other pastas.   I usually use orzo, but this was acceptable considering.....Given the day I have had the guys were lucky I cooked.  Delicious, as always.  In my humble opinion, the peasants ate quite well.  Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment