Search

Monday, July 6, 2015

Fried cauliflower with mint and tamarind dipping sauce - Plenty More

Started off with this delicious goat cheese and wine. Yum!  Could have made that my dinner, but duty calls as the boys need a bit more sustanence.  The cheese was lovely!  The wine quite good.  My dear friend, Robert, introduced me to a very underrated vegetable about a year ago...cauliflower.  I know, I know....Before you quit reading this note that I have several awesome recipes for this bland white protuberance which tends to get a bad rap.  But the most interesting part is that tonight's recipe was the best ever.  The fried cauliflower was delicious in the light Panko crust.  The mint dipping sauce was very refreshing.  Note that I ran out of tamarind and substituted two fresh figs and it was yummy!  Kevin said that the fried cauliflower was so good that guests would think it was fried seafood if not properly informed. I plan to add this to my party repertoire as it is a big hit.  My only comment...best served warm right out of the fryer.  Yotam Ottolenghi delivers another home run with this recipe. Plenty More is one of my favorite cookbooks ever.  I am including the recipe here for all of you cauliflower lovers and you critics!
Ps - added arugula underneath the fried cauliflower and the bitterness worked wonders with the sweetness of the dipping sauce



No comments:

Post a Comment