Search

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

South Street Inn Granola

While recently on vacation with my peeps I stayed in a quaint little bed and breakfast. For breakfast we had the most amazing granola. I am tired of the usual granola; Usually too sweet, full of boring things, not crunchy enough....I fell in love with this wonderful little treat. Pretty good for you also. This will be one I will make again.

8 cups of Oats
3 cups of Almonds
3 cups of Buckwheat
3 cups of Sunflower Seeds

2/3 cup Oil
1 1/3 cup Honey
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp Vanilla

3 cups of Coconut
3 cups of Currants

Bake all except coconut and currants at 275 F for 90 minutes in large metal bowl. Stir every 30 minutes. Color of granola should be golden brown. Remove from oven and stir in coconut and currants (these will get a little toasted just from being in with the other hot ingredients).

Stir every half hour or so while cooling. Cool completely before putting into a container.


No comments:

Post a Comment