Search

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Venison Tenderloin

Yes, I am a city girl, soon to become a country resident, and venison has found it's way into my kitchen. Now, I don't think I could ever hunt the meat, but I do have friends who, on occasion, come with their prize meat as a peace offering (or maybe they just want me to cook for them) and I am always trying to find new ways to prepare it. My good friend, John, has shared some tenderloin with me the last two years and I decided to make two totally different recipes tonight, one a little tangy and one a little sweet. Both were delicious. Thanks, John, for sharing the best part of the animal with me. You can't make this stuff taste bad if you tried! Super tender, full of flavor and very versatile, as evidenced by these two recipes on complete opposite ends of the culinary spectrum. I can't remember how I cooked it last year, but I believe I used more of a caper, lemon kind of sauce which was totally awesome as well. Both recipes paired well with mashed potatoes. Happy belly here! Bon appetit.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/top-6-venison-tenderloin-recipes/

Venison Tenderloin with Blackberry Sauce
Venison Medallions with Whiskey, Mushroom and Horseradish Cream Sauce



No comments:

Post a Comment