Search

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Rhubarb Compote

Rhubarb...a memory from my childhood when my Great Grandmother, Gigi, would make the most delicious rhubarb strawberry pies. Now, I am not a huge pie maker, but I still remember the delicious tartness of the pies and when my sister in law hands me a pound of fresh cut rhubarb I wasted no time making a rhubarb compote. SUPER simple. I chose Jaime Oliver's recipe for the simplicity and the added orange and ginger side notes. Delicious! The first night I served it alongside grilled chicken. Second night, a small dish aside some cheese and delicious crackers at a party and tomorrow will see it at a picnic on top of homemade vanilla ice cream. Very versatile. A short lived and often overlooked "vegetable", but it adds a zest to so many things that I will continue to try to find uses for this easy side dish. Bon appetit!!!!!!!

https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fruit-recipes/stewed-rhubarb-and-vanilla-yoghurt/





No comments:

Post a Comment