Search

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Cabodian Ginger and Honey Baby Back Ribs

Being from the South (yes, a capital "S"), one thinks of ribs as those delectable pork or beef entrees dripping with a tomato base sweet/spicy sauce dripping off of them, cooking them all day, enjoying them with a cold beer...OMG, it's enough to send shivers down your spine.  Believe me, I can eat that good "S"outhern cooking all day long. We in the South are known for our grits, our BBQ, our Cheerwine, etc. Tonight, however, I resurrected a recipe I made a few years ago, Cambodian Ginger and Honey Baby Back Ribs, at the request of my teenager. I will never forget the summers when our boys were still living at home and the summer issues of Bon Appetit  would arrive....our goal was to grill, cook, etc. all the delectable recipes we possibly could. The BBQ edition was always one of our favorites. July 2009's issue held a magical recipe that our youngest remembered all these years later. I was fortunate enough to be able to find it. Suffice it to say that this recipe is quick, easy and a nice change to our traditional "Southern" BBQ...The combination of ginger and lime makes these ribs tangy and flavorful. Paired tonight with mashed potatoes and roasted tomatoes...YUM! Bon Appetit is all I can say. Enjoy!!!!!!!

http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/ginger-and-honey-baby-back-ribs

No comments:

Post a Comment