Search

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Sunday night debacle

So day three of my cooking adventure started off pretty well as Kevin reminded me that I promised to make him soft cooked eggs and toast.  Not a biggie, but I ate along with him before I remembered that I had plans to go to brunch at one of my favorite farm to table restaurants in town, Local Roots, with the girls, followed by a movie.  NOT a good way to start the day when so many possibilities lie ahead of you.



Brunch, however, was amazing, as usual.  The best part of it (other than the company, of course) was the fortuitous introduction to Anson Mills grits!!!!!!  "What the heck", you ask.  Who really cares?  Well, me, of course!  My post from yesterday was an absolutely delicious recipe for lamb ragu' on top of grits (and the recipe called specifically for Anson Mills grits).  Not having ever had those particular organic grits, I made myself a mental note to track them down.  Who would have thought they would be right around the corner????  Oh my gosh, they were better than any grits I have ever had!!!  Super rich and creamy with just enough bite to make you work and a smooth, but lightly pebbled texture.  I swear I have never eaten any grain so delicious before.  Since I was keeping brunch on the light side (HA! Nothing light about those grits!) I had them with raw oysters and a few Bloody Marys.  YUM YUM YUM is all I can say.  By now I've eaten enough for a whole day!!!




So dinner...surely I'm on top of my game for that since I have been planning the meals all weekend in anticipation of feeding family and friends.  What a fiasco!  I had two options I had prepared for, only to realize that I neglected to precook the rice and chill it for the fried rice dish and that the ribs had to marinate for 24 hours.  Both dishes will have to wait until tomorrow night now.... So salad it was....
Quite frankly, I can't imagine anything else I would have rather had after all the rich food this morning.  Even the best laid plans can go awry when playtime with the girls calls!!!!!!!!  Sorry, Honey....but you will eat like a king tomorrow night!



No comments:

Post a Comment