Search

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

A Taste of Thai

Roya scores again with a wonderful medley of Thai cuisine.  Not a type of food I cook a lot, but as one of my favorites I wanted to give Thai cooking a try.  The thing I love most is the fact that everything is so fresh and the  herbs (cilantro, mint, ginger....) all culminate in a delicious side note that really compliments the fresh veges.  Also, I love the kick that the Thai chili peppers, curry, red pepper flakes, etc. give to the dish without complicating the favors too much....just a nice mix of crunch, seasonings, a bit of spice, and the unexpected hint of peanuts and coconut milk to soften it all and make the mouth a happy playground of flavor explosions.  Thai food seems to be one of the few foods where the flavors and textures all work so well together, yet they still maintain a great degree of autonomy and you can taste everything all at once and not be too overwhelmed....just overjoyed!!!  Thanks again, Roya, for a wonderful evening!  Enjoyed our new foodie friends, Robert and Samantha.  Can't wait to make all these dishes myself!  I see a dinner party very soon!  Bon appetit!

Thai Lettuce Wrap
Sticky Rice with Mangoes
Pad Thai Noodles
Parang Curry with Chicken






No comments:

Post a Comment